There are two divisions happening on social media. Most people think Twitter is the best, but some are saying that other social networking platforms are better.
So when comes to Twitter, they only allowed 140 characters per tweet which is really give you a chance to practice what you want to say in short and in a meaningful way.
Also, regarding the style of writing post, instead of writing long sentences, it’s great if you can include sentences that are meaningful and straight forward to the point.
So let together be better on Twitter with the 50 tips below.
Unlock the door and begin with Twitter
1. Sign-up a Twitter account with these basic steps and a simple form to complete which include:
- Your full name
- Email address and password.
After your sign-up form is submitted then there will be a message delivered asks to confirm your account.
2. Get your Profile done as early as possible. Everyone will start to follow you beyond the name, image of yourself, bio and link to your blog/website. Therefore, they are important to make it interesting when someone’s reading them.
- Use your face in your profile and learn How you can Change Your Profile Picture and Information
- Show your name in your Blog’s About page
- Include an interesting poem. For instance:
I blog sometimes using Tweet,
Tweet helps to get more tips.
blogging really fun,
Twitter is the best.
- One Link to your blog “About page”.
Bonus tip: Avoiding duplicate your tweet to Facebook.
3. Tweet Image to your profile. It builds people trust and recognizes more about you on the internet.
- click on the small photo icon at the very bottom of where you write your tweet
- According to your profile image, you should use it consistently and don’t change them too often.
4. Add your tweet location beneath your tweet if you want. But make sure your tweet is clean for others to read and try to tweet without links for several times.
5. Head over to the Account tab and change anything necessary. Especially, your username, email address and the check box “Let others find me by my email address“.
Next, choose the right language and time zone. Time zone is not important for me as a blogger because I want the world, you to know and care what I want to say.
Finally, check the last box “Always use HTTPS” for security reason.
6. Change you Twitter’s design once a month. Design is also help you to increase number of followers because the colors make others love you.
Remember to change link color that’s related to the main color of theme selected. For example: the main color of theme is light blue. Then, link color is also has to be light blue to make it stand out and draw more attention to readers.
Bonus tip: the main color of every Tweet or Twitter is black. So choose link color that is stand out of the black color.
7. Uncheck the first two boxes in the Notification tab and there are:
- I’m sent a direct message
- I’m sent a reply or @ mentioned.
The reason is because you don’t want to receive email twice with the thing you said and also to save space in your email account.
Walk into The Door
8. Check the @connect every time you log-in Twitter. To make sure you reply to anyone who’s mentioned and replied to you on it. Retweet everything that is interesting to you. Especially for those who mentioned you, reply them a thank message.
9. Check the #Discover When you’re feeling free. And to check the
- Top 10 stories
- Activity. You can discover who your followers were following people that you might not know.
- Who to Follow
- Find Friends and Browse categories.
10. Reduce the time of Tweet. Post 4 tweets per day and in a separate period time in that day to get more exposure and more followers. If you post 4 tweets per day and let say for 100 days, then you the number of tweets will increase up to 400 tweets.
11. Increase number of Tweet Appropriately. So everyone will care more about what you say. Imagine how you would feel when you come to Twitter homepage and see all tweets with the same person.
12. Tweet for everyone. Don’t be selfish and make others bored of you. The best advised is be engaging to everybody.
13. Don’t tweet to increase followers in the beginning. Tweet when you got a lot of followers.
- Following others first by using tips number 47 to increase the number of followers
- Tweet as much as you want. Once you got 2,000 – 4,000 followers.
The reason is because you don’t only want 200 – 400 people to read your tweet. You want +4000 followers to read your tweet, right?
14. Say whatever you want (say something important). As I mentioned earlier, Twitter allows you to include 140 characters per sentence and also to improve you writing, try to post every tweets under 100 characters to get more exposure.
15. Your job is to tweet, so leave the retweet button for others to click it for you and don’t even ask for it as well. If you are a blogger, it’s better to focus on the important things of your blog better than others, and that is the content of your blog and building relationship with others.
16. Retweet for others. Have you ever tried to make your Twitter page looks like your Twitter homepage? If no, then it’s great to often retweet for others, by doing that, when someone visits your profile. They will think that they’re in their own homepage and stay on it longer. Eventually, connect more with you.
- Retweet the things that are interesting to you, fun, helpful… the thing you like
- Mark them as your favorite and reply to them.
17. Avoid challenging on Twitter. You got pushed down real quick after you tweeted. So instead of trying to be on top. You can divide the time of tweet. Let say if you do want to be on top of page, then not many people will want to read your tweet.
Reminder: Always say something that is important to the world.
18. Learn to be an expert. Between Following and Followers, Which one do you like most? Before, I was like to see number of Followers’ growth instead of following. But now, thing is going the opposite. Instead of Followers I like the Following and the reason is:
- You can easier learn from who you’re following (e.g. student usually asks the teacher in class).
No matter who you are, no matter how successful, no matter how happy–the one you’re following has something to offer you.
19. Don’t hope for the one whom you’re following to follow you back. Let it goes natural and continue to follow others.
20. Following back when others following you. This is the reason why “they’re following you”; they want to have a good deal between you and them. It’s going to be a problem if you’re refused to deal with (maybe unfollow you).
21. Respond to whom following you through a Direct Message or Tweet to thanks for the follow. After sent it, they will know how you’re care about them and how thankful you are.
22. Choose the right niche to follow. In other word, follow people that doing the same thing as you.
- If you are blogger about blog tips, then follow who are in the same interest as you.
- If you are travel blogger, then find travel blogger to connect with them.
23. Have a break after an hour on Twitter. If you take a whole day on Twitter. Then you already forgot your blog. Your blog has more things to be done within day. For instance:
- Email Checking
- PR Monitor
- Respond Comments…
24. Edit when you Tweet or Retweet. As mentioned, you don’t want to duplicate what people said, right? So it is important to change them to your own voice to let people get more interested in what you say.
25. The world can read what you write even if you reply individually. For example: When I ask you a question and you replied. Users in Twitter can also read both.
- Twitter has a great feature called Direct Message and it is used to communicate 1 on 1 => No one will be able to read what you write.
5 Ways to Tweet without Stopping
26. Tweet a greeting message to the world when you’re first land into Twitter. For example: you can tweet about this formula
- Greeting + Where + Time + How are you doing, today? = Tweet
Bonus tip: Finding questions to answer. Tell your opinion and pass the question on to others if you can’t answer it.
27. Come back to your favorites’ blogs and tweet their articles. Or even retweet for their old post that you’ve already tweeted by using tip number 24 to know how you can tweet many times with one idea.
28. Provoke reaction via videos or something that shocked and useful to you. Find the funniest video on YouTube and share with others.
29. Tweet for your blog posts. This is a way to revive your old post. However, tweet for the best post on your blog and edit your tweet to make it completely different than the old tweet.
30. Break your posts down into pieces and tweet it include a link to that post. For example: I have these 50 tips here which you can tweet each tips individually to your Twitter accounts.
Taking Risks Free and Protect yourself on Twitter
31. You can choose to block or spam on Twitter’s users. But when you unfollow them, there will be nothing happened to you. So it’s best to avoid blocking or flagging someone.
32. However, you can block followers who following you. Especially for those contained inappropriate content in their profile. But not to unfollow them, because you want the number of your followers go strong.
33. Create Lists for your followers. You don’t have to keep your followers grow correctly. But you can create a list to place all the people who are in the same interest as you. For example: You can create a list of blogger to let others follow those.
- Go to your profile and click on List to create one.
34. Subscribe to lists and occasionally chat with people in the lists.
35. Even if someone is using high level of profanity, remember to only unfollow them and this is a formula:
- Twitter’s account = Life. Take the most basic step to deal with them. UNFOLLOW or BLOCK Them!!
36. Be free to let others following you. What would you feel when you happy to follow the guy you like. But after clicked on the following, it turns into Pending.
37. Check before you hit Tweet because you can’t remove your tweet after posted. Twitter allows taking 140 characters which is short, Remember you can use it for your writing. Be slow and careful before you tweet.
38. Try your best to understand when you see someone has their mistaken on grammar or typing too fast. Don’t complain! But help them.
39. Revoke application access. If you access to site like Digg using your Twitter’s account and have no longer using them. You can revoke access to that site.
- Go to your profile
- Click on App tab to revoke any access that you’re not going to use in the future.
Building Relationship with Twitter’s Users
40. Recommend people whose tweet for your blog. And also include a reason why you’re recommenced them. Here is an example:
- Follow these awesome people to make you blog better + names.
41. Send a direct message to new followers to thanks for the follow. However,
- Remember to include their name in your message first and send it to your new followers
- Ensure to know their name. If you can’t find one, look for it in their blog/website and use the contact page to send your message.
Finally, make sure they’re reply to you afterward (If they don’t reply you, then just go on because you already thanks them).
42. While you’re making new friends, don’t forget to keep your old friends up-to-date.
- Share some interesting stuff to your friends that you think it can be help.
- Even play game with them on other social networking like Facebook.
43. Reply if someone ask a question, don’t let them be alone. And use the bonus tip on tip number 26 to know more if you’re not able to answer any questions.
44. Leave a last intelligent tweet before you go to sleep. Tweet about the most important that makes people happy and interest about.
Finding People to Follow
45. Follow the author of your favorite blog. This is really interested if you follow the author of the blog that you have already known. You can get reply quicker when you ask them something.
46. Start follow the people who comments on your post. You can see other Twitter’s usernames on the comment by install the plugin called “CommentLuv“. Unfortunately, they’re only available for premium CommentLuv. But you can still follow others people on blog that’s used Premium CommentLuv.
47. Get popular on Twitter by starting to following others. Follow approximately 200-300 people per day. As a beginner, the maximum that allowed you to follow is up to 2,000 people.
- It should be reached there for about a week
- Wait until your followers’ growth, then you can continue to follow others.
Final step: Find your most favorite tweet to retweet every time you got a new follower and send them a “thank you message”.
Reminder: Don’t forget to follow them back because following each other is normal.
48. Use Twitter search to search for conversation that’s related to your topic. And also to drive more targeted traffic to your blog.
Once you get an idea of what people are interested in, join those conversations to talk to people.
49. Enable a Tweet button in the Sharebar. Sharebar is a WordPress plugin that organizes all social media sharing buttons for your readers to share your post.
50. Whether how hard you’re trying or how good your tweet is. There are actually very few people are listening to you. So It’s important to build relationship and following other as much as possible.
Walking into the door
Once you got all theses tips, go to Twitter dot com and begin to run with the tips above I shared. I’ve gathered a best circle for you that included all the ultimate tips to help you running a step closer to your goals. And hope you have a great time on Twitter.
If you have any additional tips that you would like to add then feel free to put those in the comment below, share, like, tweet, plus one for it and etc.
If you like to connect with me on Twitter, find me with the name @FerbHinlor