Twitter is a place where you’re normally talking to friends like in the outside world, so you would definitely need to be aware of what you’re tweeting to the world.
What should you do to make yourself look good on Twitter?
..And it’s okay to make spelling mistakes or syntax errors.
“Perfect behaviour is born of complete indifference.” ~ As Francois de La Rochefoucauld said
So we gotta LEARN the way we behave….
…And look good on Twitter can absolutely help increase your brand reputation.
Here are 10 Secret Strategies to Make You Look Good on Twitter.
1. Avoid Complaining
Complaining can only make you feel better but it can’t really help you solve a thing. Complain pluses a reasonable and how you would love it to improve is one of the best way to complain.
Have you ever read your friend tweets with all their tirades and complains?
On Twitter or on the online world and in the outside world, whenever you’re complaining on a problem
- people will actually start to push you away,
- they will unfollow you on Twitter
- and complaining is not a great way for you to keep your brand a good reputation.
What I usually do to forget my problems: I go find a rock and chuck it really hard as far as possible while scream “AHHHHHH…”
2. Use your CAPS LOCK Less
A sentence with CAPS LOCK letters refers to either positive or negative. But it’s often referring to “SCREAMING” or “YELLING” and no one want to be yelled at…
…There are many ways to yell in a positive that will help your brand reputation.
- to make a sentence stands out, it’s great to only capital each letters of each words.
- to show your feeling of each tweet you can say “LOVE” or “GREAT”
- Or you can emphasis thing using CAPS LOCK like “Every wall is a DOOR”
But the less CAPS LOCKS you use, the better and only CAPS LOCK on a few words or one word are the best ways to increase your brand reputation.
3. Don’t Tweet your own Stuff All the Time
“For true love is inexhaustible, the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow.” ~ Antoine De Saint-Exupery
People will be more interested if you can share different articles from different blogs.
Let say you’re blogging about Make Money Online, Social Media… you can find a blog that blogs related to your topic and tweet their articles sharing the love.
When you tweet an article, it’s important to use
- mention the author name
- or you can even add your reaction to the article like LOVE, GREAT POST… in front of tweet content.
4. Often Differentiate The Way You Tweet
You might only be blogging about a topic but in Twitter, this is a place where you want to tweet more than just a topic which to keep your followers interest.
If picture tweet & quotes are ALL you tweet, then you should definitely tweet more about something else.
The important in Twitter are to be
- a little more personal,
- participate in public conversations,
- reply to all questions and often retweet.
There are many ways to have fun on Twitter, but if you are ONLY focus on…
…getting more followers, you’ll have a hard finding out what to tweet or it’s definitely great if you’re focus 70% of your time on your blog.
5. Use 100 Characters to Get more Retweets
What should you do when you want to get more retweets?
There are 2 ways that people use to RT nowadays:
- First is to click right on the RT button to retweet.
- Second is to include “RT with the Twitter@Username” at the end of tweet separate it by a “|”
— Ann Tran (@AnnTran_) February 21, 2013
Either ways you want to use to retweet, include 100 characters in your tweet is the best way to get more retweets.
According to Twitter researches, tweets that have less than 100 characters get 27% engagement higher compare to tweets that contain more than 100 characters.
6. Don’t Share Tips in a Conversations
In a conversation, it’s important to talk about stuff that we both known and facts.
Even if you know a lot of things, but there are more stuff that you gotta learn along the way…
“Never discourage anyone…who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.” – Plato
…It’s great to share but you can slowly share it out one by one, not like “when someone wants to do a moonwalk. Then you say, this is not good, it’s going break your ankle” and you haven’t even done it before.
Instead of saying no to what others want to do something. You can think of the possibility of risk then slowly encourage them whether to continue on or not.
You might have been through elementary school, secondary school and university. But we all do need to continuously learning and sharing.
Followers are friends, they are actually more interested in having a conversation with you rather than gleaning tips and facts and techniques from you.
7. Interact with all your Followers
The more people you interact with, the more followers you will get.
One of the big mistakes I made is that, I used to interact with only like 5 to 6 people on Twitter while my followers were like around 700 followers.
- And I find followers steadily increase day by day when I started to interact to a larger number of my followers by receiving, retweets, mentioned, favorited, reply…
However, you should only find great tweets to interact with
- great tweets to interact with
- 4 tweets per day is the max to post
Or you’ll become annoying to your followers.
8. Share People the LOVE
It’s so excited when people involve you in something, right?
Or when you get a retweet, people favorite your tweet or #FollowFriday (FF) tweets,
- it’s great to send them back a thank message, favorite or RT.
Bonus Tip: However, avoid self promotion all the time by retweet tweets that contain your own Twitter@Username on it or your followers will steadily decrease.
9. Use from 1 – 2 hashtags/tweet
People and I are not very often use hashtags but by the study from the Buddy Media – just 24% of brands’ tweets contains hashtags which business brands that uses from 1 to 2 hashtags received a double level of engagement than tweets without them.
- But the engagement levels drop when you use more than three hashtags.
Bonus tips: Don’t over doing it. For example: let say you already know that if you use from 1 to 2 hashtags will double your engagement,
- then you don’t have to use it in every single tweet but cut them out in a separate period of time would be a great advice.
10. Ask a More Interesting Question
Should you just come on Twitter and post a tweet “How is everybody going?”
If you are a famous celebrity, you’ll get a lot of people answering this question. But with your business fans, around 20% of them are actually interested in answering this question.
This types of question doesn’t create much feeling for followers to actually go and answer it. But with this question…
… “How do you usually warm up before you play basketball? I’m #stretching” then your followers will feel way more engaging to answer it.
Making mistake is the way to success; mistake lets you know what bad or good to do it again.
Which one of the 10 things do you need to improve on your Twitter? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Now It’s Over to You
If you like this article, share it with one of your friends
- Let your friends know how to look good on Twitter
- Increase followers and help their business growth…
…and don’t forget to join my newsletter for more free updates.